Membership is Free But the Rewards are Priceless
All Yale GALA members receive the same benefits
with their free membership:
1. Access to the password-protected online directory, which includes the optional ability to share your contact information with other GALA members
2. Optional ability to sign up for local GALA events in your city
3. Ability to contact board members to provide event and website suggestions
4. Ability to connect with other LGBTQ alumni by city and interest(s)
5. Access to the password-protected forums for conversation with other LGBTQ Yale alumni all over the world
6. Electronic newsletters documenting past and upcoming events
7. With your generosity, Yale GALA enriches LGBTQ life for Yale alumni, current undergraduatesand graduates, and people all over the world.
Every year Yale GALA:
1. Hosts a student-alumni dinner (offered to students below cost) and provides other programming to the University Comunity and mentoring to students
2. Awards a cash prize for the best senior essay related to Lesbian Gay Bisexuual Transgender studies
3. Hosts a yearly reception for graduating students (undergrads & graduates)
4. Hosts numerous events in New York, San Francisco, and elsewhere, bringing alumni together to network and socialize
5. Participates in LGBT Pride events and other community events
6. Publishes e-mail newsletters for its membership and supports our members' initiatives
Yale GALA is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Yale GALA is run entirely by alumni and student volunteers who are committed to serving Yale’s LGBT community, both off and on campus. Your support and contributions help us provide programming and events that benefit our community and Yale. To donate, click Here. (LINK TO DONATE PAGE) Thank you!